Fast Track process
The Expat Centre Maastricht Region offers a fast-tracked way of registering new arrivals from both EU/EEA countries and non-EU/EEA countries who have relocated to the Netherlands as a kennismigrant (highly skilled migrant), onderzoeker (researcher) or top artiest (professional artist) along with their family members. To be eligible for a fast track registration the applicant’s employer must be an IND erkende referent (IND recognised sponsor).
The Fast Track process saves time and reduces the administration required for employers and employees alike. The process is instigated and conducted by employers and they manage the process for their employees. Below is a brief outline of the Fast Track process.
EU employees process
- EU employees of an IND recognised sponsor can use the Fast Track process to register for their BSN at the Expat Centre Maastricht Region. The employee must have an address in Maastricht or one of the participating municipalities.
- Employees receive their BSN by post within three days after municipal registration at the Expat Centre Maastricht Region.
Non-EU employees process
- Depending on the employee’s country of origin, the IND recognised sponsor files an application with the IND for the relevant work / residence permit.
- IND makes a decision within two weeks and informs Holland Expat Center South and employer.
- Depending on the employee’s country of origin, they can travel directly to the Netherlands or require further permits to be issued in their passport prior to travel.
- Upon arrival in the Netherlands the employee will be informed by their employers about the collection of their permits and receive further instructions regarding municipal registration.
Residence permits for non-EU employees can either be collected from Holland Expat Center South in Eindhoven or sent to Expat Centre Maastricht Region as preferred. The process is as follows:
- the IND sends a notification that the residence permit is ready and provides further information about collecting the permit;
- residence permit collections take place at Expat Centre Maastricht Region during IND sessions which are held twice per month at the Maastricht International Centre. Check the schedule for the IND sessions;
- residence permits can only be collected by appointment from Holland Expat Center South in Eindhoven.