RNI regulations

Employees, researchers or students who do not live in the Netherlands and have dealings with the Government of the Netherlands, or those residing in the Netherlands for less than 4 months need to register in the registratie niet ingezetenen – RNI (register of non-inhabitants) in order to obtain a provisional Burgerservicenummer – BSN (citizen service number).

All employees contracted by or working for an employer in the Netherlands must be registered with the municipality with no exception, including those who live in Belgium and Germany and work in the Maastricht Region.