There is a plethora of museums and galleries that are waiting to be visited.
- The world famous Bonnefantenmuseum in Maastricht hosts an impressive collection of old masters and modern art.
- The Natuurhistorisch Museum Maastricht (Natural History Museum of Maastricht) where visitors can scour through fossils dating back hundreds of millions of years, see the remains of our local mosasaur and even witness live excavations.
- The Maastricht Museum: hidden stories of the city of Maastricht
- The Thermenmuseum (Roman Baths Museum) in Heerlen is located around the excavations of a Roman public bath from 100 AD.
- SCHUNCK, a museum, library and dance school in one, that houses both modern and contemporary Dutch art with both permanent and visiting exhibitions
- De Domijnen in Sittard which illustrates the rich history of the region.
- Discovery Museum in Kerkrade. This museum is all about earth, science, technology and design.
The leading art museum of Limburg and the Euregion. It presents both permanent collections of old masters and contemporary art, as well as temporary exhibitions of influential artists.
Libraries, exhibitions and cultural heritage, Kumulus School of Arts and the Natural History Museum of Maastricht together form one organization and are part of the municipality of Maastricht.
De bibliotheek Maastricht
Maastricht has three libraries: Centrum, Heer and Malpertuis. The Library has an extensive English-language collection and you can also borrow e-books.
Lumière is known for it’s high quality selection of movies, inviting atmosphere, and international orientation. The ideal place for tasty lunches and dinners surrounded by the beautifully refurbished industrial interior.
On the 1st floor of Centre Céramique, the hidden stories of this special city are told. This is done in Dutch and English, but also in Maastrichts.
Muziekgieterij is a music venue located in Maastricht and offers a weekly program with (inter)national big names, new talents and some fine dancing.
Natuur Historisch Museum Maastricht
Travel through time and through the nature of the beautiful province of Limburg. Check out the big mosasaur, take a walk in the lovely garden, watch how fossils are being prepared in the Science Lab or visit exhibitions.
A reliable source of news, current affairs, cultural event coverage and local information relevant to the Maastricht Region’s “not-yet-Dutch-speaking” residents as they adjust to life in their new home.
South Netherlands Philharmonic
Is a worthy and flexible symphony orchestra that has been lauded for its quality, its tight ensemble play and the radiant enthusiasm of its musicians.
Theater aan het Vrijthof
As one of the leading theatres in the Netherlands, Theater aan het Vrijthof is Maastricht’s cultural hub to stimulate cultural debate by presenting (inter)national companies from all genres.
What to do today, tomorrow or this week? weekinweekuit.info is a simple and clear cultural calendar for Maastricht. Check the website and social media channels to stay informed of all cultural activities in and around Maastricht.