There is a plethora of museums and galleries that are waiting to be visited.
- The world famous Bonnefantenmuseum in Maastricht hosts an impressive collection of old masters and modern art.
- The Natuurhistorisch Museum Maastricht (Natural History Museum of Maastricht) where visitors can scour through fossils dating back hundreds of millions of years, see the remains of our local mosasaur and even witness live excavations.
- The Thermenmuseum (Roman Baths Museum) in Heerlen is located around the excavations of a Roman public bath from 100 AD.
- SCHUNCK, a museum, library and dance school in one, that houses both modern and contemporary Dutch art with both permanent and visiting exhibitions
- De Domijnen in Sittard which illustrates the rich history of the region.